Internet Conection toSecure Sites

TeeTigar 14:23 26 Aug 07

Since abouout three weeks ago I have been unable to connect to secure sites, I can't connect to MSN,WWE or my Personal banking account for example.

I have reset the computer to factory default twice, replaced my Belkin Wireless G+MIMO Modem Router, calledmy Service provider, and even the on-line bank service etc. They each say it's not a problem on their end. I still have the same problem.
Can connect to the internet but not Secure sites, the status bar goes to about 4 checks then it appears to stop, even though the opening page message still displays ( never opens any further. Can anyone help please?

brundle 14:24 26 Aug 07

Run DialAFix to repair SSL (amongst other things) click here

Dipso 15:11 26 Aug 07

I've seen a couple of posts with the same problem. This is one click here Looks like it's a problem with the router. Adjusting the MTU can sometimes resolve this but not in all cases.

TeeTigar 19:33 27 Aug 07

Thanks folks
however, my issue is still unresolved, I can't download Dial a Fix, and I have not only tried the MTU fix but also changed my Router (was still under warranty). It does appear to be the Secure Sites, so if someone knows a product that resolves this (SSL, HTTPS etc) issue please let me know

Dipso 19:46 27 Aug 07

The MTU value on your PC could be the problem. Download TCP Optimiser from click here and move the slider to your connection speed then click Optimal settings.

What router do you have now?

birdface 19:57 27 Aug 07

I suppose it could be a Firewall problem,Switch your Firewall off and see if that helps.

TeeTigar 17:01 03 Sep 07

I have resolvd the Connection to Secure sites. I had to purchase a different model Router/modem I changed from Belkin to NetGear. It was/is more of a AOL vs Belkin issue as they appear to not support each other. Therefore they kept sending me back and forth and to other vendors to look for the resolution. My resolution ended up being changing Routers to one supported by my service provider AOL and now everything works fine. Thanks to everyone who provided input.

TeeTigar 17:01 03 Sep 07

I have resolvd the Connection to Secure sites. I had to purchase a different model Router/modem I changed from Belkin to NetGear. It was/is more of a AOL vs Belkin issue as they appear to not support each other. Therefore they kept sending me back and forth and to other vendors to look for the resolution. My resolution ended up being changing Routers to one supported by my service provider AOL and now everything works fine. Thanks to everyone who provided input.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5