Internet Cleanup Programme

fezparker 19:52 22 Jul 03

Each time i try to access my internet cleanup programme a dialogue box comes up "this progrmme has performed an illegal operation and will close". It always used to work for me, why not now? Is it because i havent registered it online?

Valvegrid 20:08 22 Jul 03

Can you tell us what Internet cleanup program your running and what Operating System your using?

Thanks

PS. Its nothing to do with registering it.

fezparker 20:21 22 Jul 03

not sure what internet cleanup programme it is as i borrowed it from my bro. i am using windows 98 S.E.

Valvegrid 20:24 22 Jul 03

No worries about the program, it's probably the registry, you can try restoring the computer back to a date it was working OK by doing this;

If you start the computer and repeatedly press the F8 key until instead of loading Windows normally it will go to a 6 option DOS screen. Use the arrow keys to select COMMAND PROMPT ONLY, then type SCANREG/RESTORE and hit the enter key.
Now you will see a list of the last five days when it booted satisfactorily. Choose a date just before things went wrong and hit enter.

Paul

Lozzy 20:30 22 Jul 03

try un installing your current one and try this one. Works brilliantly on 98 ME and XP click here

VoG II 20:34 22 Jul 03

I'll second that!

Fateful Shadow 22:09 22 Jul 03

I fyou are using AOL 8.0 on a Windows ME computer, don't expect Internet Cleanup to run. There is a conflict between ME, AOL and Internet Cleanup which makes it perform illegal operations every time you start the program.

Just a thought :P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…