Internet Cleanup program

phil.smith 09:51 15 Dec 03

Would using Internet Cleanup program prevent my IE6 and OE6 from recognising user name and password when I try to log on saying that it is an invalid user name or password?

Diodorus Siculus 10:23 15 Dec 03

No - it should not touch the dial up connection settings.

Diodorus Siculus 10:24 15 Dec 03

click here - are you referring to this?

temp003 10:31 15 Dec 03

Do you mean this program click here ? I haven't used it before, but here are the basics you need to know.

It depends on how the user name and password are stored, and what you choose to delete via the program.

If they are stored by way of a cookie, then yes (since cookies are one of the things cleaned up by the program), but you can configure it to keep the cookie from a particular website. This is probably what you're thinking about.

If you have stored the info in Internet Explorer's Autocomplete itself (Forms and Passwords), then possibly no, unless the program also deletes entries stored by IE's Autocomplete.

IE's AutoComplete stores 3 types of things, Web addresses, Forms and Passwords. If the program clears these out as well, and you're using IE's AutoComplete to remember your username and password, then make sure you don't clean out what you need to keep.

temp003 10:35 15 Dec 03

Oh, sorry, I misread what you're asking about. Diodorus Siculus is right. No, it won't erase your dial up settings.

phil.smith 10:52 15 Dec 03

Diodorus Siculus - yes i was - thanks for your other suggestion. I'll try that

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…