"Internet Cleanup" constantly causing crashes.

Having had a total hard drive failure I am now loading my new drive with my old programs. Internet Cleanup (I've tried versions 1.02 and 3.00) causes Norton Crashguard to come up with the message ; Internet Cleanup 1.02 attempted to save index.dat . Safe Original detected an attempt to write to "index.dat" and will save a copy of it without the most recent changes.
Can anyone tell me what it means and (in simple terms if possible)how do I sort the problem out. Thanks.

johnem 21:20 02 Jul 03

Not sure but sound like you have traces of both installs left on system.

Try unistalling 'Internet Cleanup' and you could obtain jv16 to help clean up your registry files from click here
Always follow tghe precaution of backing up your registry files before attempting to edit.

It may seem a bit scary cos it is!!
Just take your time and hopefully this could help you.

Thanks Johnem but I didn't have the bottle to do as you said. The problem has largely gone away and is only a slight irritation now. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…