Internet Certificates

miggy101 11:55 19 Oct 05

Hi all, just got registered to see if anybody could help me out, while im browsing the web any secure websites such as ebay, hotmail or amazon etc pop up with a message "the website certificate has expired or is not yet valid" do i want to procede?

Now i've tryed installing the certificates time and time again, and i've altered my security setting is IE and also firefox to check for certificates with no luck. its getting realy frustratiting as ever time i move page on ebay or amazon especaly i get 5 or 6 of these popups, i've also checked my pc for viruses and spyware and it has none, using avast and webroute spy sweeper.

any sugestions will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Ian

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:29 19 Oct 05
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:30 19 Oct 05

Forget above update java click here

miggy101 13:33 20 Oct 05

i gave that java link a try and it updated it but i still have the same problem

miggy101 14:12 11 Nov 05

anybody else got anymore advice please?

PaulB2005 14:12 11 Nov 05

Check your system clock and date is correct.

alexgray104 14:26 11 Nov 05

I had a problem similar to this, and I even redowbloaded IE, tried different modem and all it turned out to be was a nearly run out batery that wouldn't keep the time/date

miggy101 14:28 11 Nov 05

thanks im in the office at the moment, i'll give it a go when i get home, funny enough iTunes told me that my year was wrong, i changed it to 2005, but didnt look at the rest. i'll give feedback later. thanks again

miggy101 17:44 11 Nov 05

thanks very much everyone, god something so simple as my system clock thinking its 2004 made that anoying error, sorted now. wooooo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…