Internet cable

jim63 08:29 21 Aug 07

Which type of cable would I use from the tel socket to laptop other than a tel ext cable.

Technotiger 08:41 21 Aug 07

How are you connecting to Internet? Via Broadband or Dial-up?

Dial-up to laptop with built-in modem:- use a normal telephone cable.

Broadband via a Router:- use a Filter/Splitter in the telephone socket, and from the filter a telephone cable to Router and Ethernet cable from Router to Laptop. Normal telephone connected to phone-side of Filter.

If more than one telephone in house, then Filter/Splitter needed for each telephone.

jim63 12:29 21 Aug 07

It is BB via a router and its Virgin. Using a splitter and tel cable but connection is forever dropping and was wondering if it was the long tel cable that was the cause. Just a thought I have a telephone connected with router on my desktop in another room which makes 2 telephones.Would I need a splitter on that one as well.

Technotiger 14:00 21 Aug 07

Each telephone Must have a splitter.

jim63 14:49 21 Aug 07

Many thanks

woodchip 15:47 21 Aug 07

My extention Cable in the House is a Made up one about 150 foot long on BB no problems. But you do need a Spliter on all Phones and the Computer end

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…