Internet browser 6 problem

Rhuddlan 22:02 19 Apr 03

I have visited various websites and have not been able to access them properly as a mesage keeps appearing telling me that my browser is not supported,it tells me that I need explorer 4.5 or above, but I have explorer 6, service pack 1, I have a packard bell i design 170+ 512 RAM 40Gb hard drive Win XP home and I have never had a problem with this before, help needed!!!

nick_j007 23:49 19 Apr 03

Go to Tools, Internet Options, then Advanced and read through all the tick boxes esp. under the browsing section and look for anything suspicious that may give you this problem. Try a tweak here and there then go to the offending web site again.
Can't be more specific I'm afraid, but this may be a start, plus you're at the top again :-)

Nick

powerless 23:59 19 Apr 03

Tools > Internet Option... > Advanced > Click "Restore Defaults".

OR...

Try a system restore.

Start > Run > Copy and paste:

%SystemRoot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe

Then click "ok". You can use this to put your system back to time when you know that you did not have this problem. The trick is knowing when you did not have this problem.

OR...

Start > Run > Copy and paste:

SFC /SCANNOW

Click "OK" and have your XP CD already in the drive. This will put right any windows files that have gone wrong.

Provide a link to one of the website it maybe the site is having problems.

Also are you running any Anti Virus, firewall protection?

Zaxifone 00:19 20 Apr 03

You may have a program that is blocking the Useragent. Some web sites require this to be on to work properly. Naviscope for example does this...

Just an idea...

Z.

Rhuddlan 15:20 20 Apr 03

I am running Norton internet secruity 2003 and personal firewall 2003 and have not go a xp cd, I did not get one with my computer, and if I do a system restore will I lose all of my updates that were installed yesterday?

Zaxifone 00:49 21 Apr 03

I'm sure that Norton Internet Security can block the Useragent. Have a look in the settings to see if you can enable it again. Best I can do as I don't use Nortons stuff....

Z.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac