"internet boxes"

pollpott 21:08 28 Dec 04

My mother in law (74 yrs old) wants to send and receive emails etc. she doesn't want a computer, it would be a waste, what are the alternatives and are they any good?

CLONNEN 21:19 28 Dec 04

I have never tried any "internet boxes" myself but I have heard that they are very simple to set up and use.

Try looking on Ebay for a secondhand one - there are always a few on there for about a fiver.

The Bush Internet Surf Kit or something similar would probably do.

User-312386 21:19 28 Dec 04

a friend of mine uses NTL via the set top box and uses the e-mail facility with a keyborad attached to the set top box next to the TV

JaßîsFaß ˜ 21:21 28 Dec 04
  myphrill 21:26 28 Dec 04

what about the Amstrad phone. cant remember the name but it can do emails and such. then again pc advisor gave it 1/5 overall saying its expensive for what it does.

Mikè 21:51 28 Dec 04

Amstrad £29.75 at Argos click here

GaT7 22:02 28 Dec 04

The most convenient would be a simple, basic computer which are inexpensive these days - look in your Freeads, Adtrader, local classifieds & similar for a low spec secondhand one. If anything, I reckon she'll be saving money in the long run. The only downside (if one can call it that!) is if she gets hooked ; ) G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…