Internet Banking Blank Page

Pikaser 20:58 10 Sep 03

What could cause a pop up box which should have the username and password spaces on HSBC from showing at all ?
The box just remains entirely blank .
It's IE6 and XP Pro , the 1E6 security settings seem to work fine on dial up but not broadband and this is the only site there is a problem accessing , other secure sites work fine .
Have tried adding DNS servers , entered it in the trusted sites in Explorer , security is medium high....help!

MH51 21:10 10 Sep 03

Maybe you have a pop up blocking software on your computer which is doing it.

Pikaser 21:19 10 Sep 03

There is no pop up software installed , and any other pop ups come up fine , it's really puzzling !

Switcher 21:40 10 Sep 03

Had a similar problem with CO_OP bank and was talked through changing JAVA settings on I.E. advanced settings.

Unfortunately can't remember what setting had to be changed.

emmandelo1 21:46 10 Sep 03

Had the same problem with the BT site when I first installed XP Pro. The cure was:
open run command and type in

regsvr32 urlmon.dll (space between the 2 and the u) don't know how but it worked.

Pikaser 22:04 10 Sep 03

Thanks to all of you , will try your suggestions and let you know , it's my wee sister's pc

Pikaser

keith-236785 22:19 10 Sep 03

you will probably find you dont have the Microsoft virtual manager (java) installed, Micro$oft have withdrawn it from windows XP due to court action against them.

the file you need is msjavx86, do a search on google and you should find it. install and that should solve your problem.

if you have trouble finding it i may be able to send it to you (it is quite a big file though, 6.32 MB)

good luck.

one way to check is to go to click here, click on products ,

the window that opens has an aplet which requires this file to be installed, if you dont have it the panel on the left remains a nasty grey colour instead of showing you your purchases.

SEASHANTY 22:28 10 Sep 03

^

Pikaser 21:30 11 Sep 03

Switcher,emmandelo , tried both of your suggestions , the java settings seem correct - I went through the various combinations and also ran regsvr32 urlmon.dll , but to no avail .
paperman27
Installing the file totally did the trick . I went to click here and tried that , and the panel stayed grey , so I went ahead and installed and got the page up - YAY !

Cheers to all of you for your help , much appreciated .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…