Internet Account(Stopped working)

J. I. 12:23 26 Jul 06

My son and his wife share the same computer. Both are administrators. Everything has been fine for 18 mths. His wife is still able to access everthing on the computer and can as always access the internet. Suddenly my son finds he can still access the computer, but when clicking on internet explorer on the d/top the connection window appears asking for his user name and password. When he enters them correctly , he is refused access to his web browser page. My question, what is causing this problem and how does he overcome it. The computer is xp home and they are using broadband connection. Only my son is effected by this problem. Any HELP!!! in overcoming this problem very much appreciated

ArrGee 13:22 26 Jul 06

His wife will have to check the Content Advisor and clear out any authentication requirements. Have a read through this for more information:
click here

J. I. 15:44 26 Jul 06

Thanks ArrGee. My son and his wife have no children. I do know for a fact she has not made any alterations to her Contents Advisor. If she had then my son would be able to at least bring up his web browser. In fact he cant even access the internet from internet explorer on the desk top. I feel there is a more simple remedy that will solve this problem. Pleased to hear any other suggestions from the forum. Thanks again ArrGee

ArrGee 23:54 26 Jul 06

It sounds like administrator rights have been set to an exclusive level. Your daughter in-law may have done this inadvertantly. Ask her to go to Start - Control Panel - User Accounts, and check the settings, before taking any further action.

J. I. 13:05 30 Jul 06

Tried everything to no avail. ISP recommended removing all int connections and reinstalling via disc. Drastic and time consuming action to take, thankfully all now back to normal. Many thanks to ArrGee for his much appreciated inputs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…