Internet access wi fi in the US?

portofcall 16:28 10 Aug 05

I am heading to the US and would like to use wi fi connection to access internet (laptop)with no home connection. My server has advised me that my broadband connection does not work in the US. So, that begs the question: can you wi fi access with no home connection number. How do you access without number in host country? Hmmmm.

Thanks,

Skip

GaT7 16:42 10 Aug 05

This may help click here. "Access to hotspots is available with a subscription to one of the service providers listed. It may also be purchased on a pay-as-you-go basis." Good luck, G

portofcall 16:53 10 Aug 05

Crossbow - thanks. There are coffee shops in New Orleans that provide free access via wi fi but I still don't have a handle on whether my aol provider Uk will apply Hmmmm. Seems if the wi fi is free that I should not have to access anything other than logging on normally or am I naive?

GaT7 18:10 10 Aug 05

"Seems if the wi fi is free that I should not have to access anything other than logging on normally or am I naive?" - I think you are right, but please wait for someone who does know for sure to confirm.

Sorry portofcall, I found the above link some time ago & bookmarked it, but have not much knowledge of Hotspots, much less about ones in the US! I've a friend living here (in the UK) who has accessed this service free from a library or two, having no prior ISP contract with any provider. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…