Internet access when abroad

rambam 00:45 16 May 03

Has anyone had experience of using international dial-up services when abroad. I'll be going to France for 3 weeks and will need to log-on using a mobile (9.6 connection speed!) on a daily basis.

Any help/suggestions will be gratefully received.

_Treb_ 08:12 16 May 03

My brother in law was away for several months and he used either an internet cafe or his works connection and set up a hotmail account for e-mail.

Andsome 08:49 16 May 03

My son is in South America for a three month holiday. He regularly send us e-mails from an internet cafe using a Yahoo hot mail account. You could also do this via a lap top.

stlucia 08:54 16 May 03

If you're on AOL, you can get local access numbers from them for most countries.

rambam 12:33 16 May 03

Thanks for replies. Unfortunately I will need to access the internet using my laptop and mobile phone - internet cafes won't be an option... and I'm not on AOL.

Has anyone had experience of services which allow you to connect to your ISP from just about anywhere abroad, using local cheap rates? I'm sure I've read about them but have no idea how good they are/what problems/which ones are best etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…