internet access via SKY BB

Boy Zone 15:31 23 Jan 07

Hi,
I'm trying to help my neighbour, who uses Sky Broadband. Since last week he has encountered a problem gaining access to BB. When he boots his PC he can access the web, but after a few minutes he can't gain access, gets message 'web site unable'. I changed his network card to see if this was the problem, but the same thing occured. I have check with Sky BB for their help, and they have checked all the network settings, and they say they are all correct, and that the modem is working OK, but I'm not sure. What I cant understand is why when you reboot the PC, you can gain access to the web , but then it drops out? Your help would be welcome
He uses XP home.

baldyx 16:49 23 Jan 07

I use Sky Bb and it drops the connection after a while. I have this occuring all the time after about 15 mins. I disconnect the power to the Netgear router and after about 20 seconds connect the power and enable the lan connection.

I & even the bloke on the Sky help desk thought the router was at fault but I don't think so.

This is I am afraid seems to be a feature of the Sky BB because it is happening even after I replaced the Netgear router with a new one sent over from Sky.

Boy Zone 20:41 23 Jan 07

knock on.
Does anyone else have this same problem?

Graham. 20:52 23 Jan 07

Has the neighbour had broadband working with another ISP before Sky?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017