Internet

drams14 12:05 20 Sep 05

Hi I have got zone alarm security suite on my computer, which runs XP. I have not long got broadband which was fine untill Saturday when i tried to conncet to the intrnet i got a message saying can not find server, i disabled zone alarm and tried agin this time i was successful restored zone alarm every thing worked fine, tried to connect today and the same message as before any. ideas to sort this problem.

Allan

lotvic 12:26 20 Sep 05

First check that you are actually connected (even tho' the 2screens icon is in the taskbar it does not mean that you are in contact with server) try a ping. click start, run, type cmd in the run box. at the command prompt type "ping 212.58.224.113" without the quote marks (you can copy and paste it in if you want). Press Enter. You should then see several lines of text appear. towards the bottom you should see "sent=4 received =4 lost =0" if you are connecting okay. If you get received =0 lost =4 then you have no connection

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…