Internet.

The Dazza 15:04 22 Aug 04

I've recently formatted and reinstalled win98. I'm know trying to get an internet connection but when I put in the BT Yahoo disk it says "Launching Internet Exploror" then "could not launch Internet Explorer. Please verify that internet explorer is installed". There is the usual blue e for internet explorer on the desktop and I can double click on this to get "The page cannot be displayed". Thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:29 22 Aug 04

Check -- File - work off line not ticked

Stuartli 16:59 22 Aug 04

That's a good point, but normally you get a panel asking if you wish to Connect Now?

Is Internet Explorer listed in Program Files?

rawprawn 17:22 22 Aug 04

Start/Run/ sfc /scannow click here

The Dazza 20:25 22 Aug 04

Not working offline - so that's out of the equation! I'll have to have a look to see if internet explorer is in program files tomorrow. What if it is there? Rawprown will Start/Run/ sfc /scannow work in Windows 98? If so is that all I type in run? Also started getting fatal exceptions again, mega :o( Thanks

Dan the Confused 20:33 22 Aug 04
  The Dazza 20:41 22 Aug 04

ta for the link. I tried the first option for win 98se before posting thread (didn't work), is the second option in that link any different and more likely to work? (I can try it anyway). Thanks

Dan the Confused 20:45 22 Aug 04

That's only for IE5. Try what rawprawn suggests, but you only need to type sfc, you will also need your 98 disc.

The Dazza 21:03 22 Aug 04

I'll try the start/run/sfc and the alternate fix for IE5 tomorrow. Thanks

Stuartli 09:19 23 Aug 04

..explorer is in program files tomorrow.

As this only takes a few seconds, have you actually checked yet?

Stuartli 09:22 23 Aug 04

If IE is listed, you could try a Repair by going to Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs>highlighting IE and then clicking on the (second?) tab.

There are three options, one of them being Repair.

I think I've remembered that correctly as it's about a year since I last used 98SE.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5