internet

picklesy 17:50 21 May 04

please help,i keep getting disconnected from the internet about every 2min.i have ran norton antivirus(updated daily)spybot adaware can,t think of anything else to do,have also reset my pc to earlier point using system restore.this is 11th. attempt at posting this please help.

Smegs 17:55 21 May 04

picklesy, have you checked in "Advanced Dial Up" to see if it's set to disconnect after 2mins?? Or is this problem something new??

picklesy 18:42 21 May 04

smegs,no how do you do this.started on tues.ran the checks i said aboutwas okay after tues. ran ok.through till this eve.on aol broadband just reinstalled same thing happening.sorry for taking so long to reply this is 6th.attempt,also it might cut off in 10sec or 2min.

T0SH 19:00 21 May 04

Do you have a firewall and is it turned on ?, if not get one like Zone Alarm, there is a free version, install and run it

Then goto Windows update get all the critical updates for your Windows version

Then run an online virus scan from here

click here

if housecall finds but is unable to clean any virus then stinger available from here will probably do it
click here

Cheers HC

computernerdiamnot 19:10 21 May 04

Sounds like the sasser virus to me. If it is you will have to get someone else to download the patch from microsoft and store on Cd and then copy it from that on to your Pc.

Graham ® 19:31 21 May 04

If it is just the internet it is unlikely to be sasser, which shuts down the PC itself. Try running this check to be sure click here

Also, search on the PC for files and folders 'global.org', delete any found.

Assuming you have a USB modem, check it is in a hub on its own, nothing in the other socket.

picklesy 19:39 21 May 04

got mcafee free firewall from aol,not sasser get all updates dailly

picklesy 19:40 21 May 04

sorry for short answ.been trying to reply for ages.

picklesy 19:42 21 May 04

i have reinstalled aol and asdl modem,same prob.

picklesy 19:42 21 May 04

i have reinstalled aol and asdl modem,same prob.

picklesy 19:45 21 May 04

checked with neighbor he has had same prob. for over a week.phoned bt.they say the line is ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…