Interner Explorer puzzle?

Hedontownee 11:29 22 Mar 04

When I click on a URL in another app for example an email
IE opens a new window but doesnt display the address in the address slot or go the location indicated in the url and the windows remains blank
Have not noticed this before
Have I changed some setting by mistake ??
Very od
Any ideas please Folks

smegs 12:12 22 Mar 04

click here Try this Link.

smegs 15:11 22 Mar 04

The problem still persists!! If I want to open a HTML file or go to a URL by clicking on it All I get is an opened Internet Explorer with no apparent way of getting at the file or URL in question The only way to open a file for example is that clicking and opening a IE window ...in another window on a dual monitor screen If I leave it open and navigate to the file I can drag and drop the file onto the open IE window and can then see the HTML file in all its glory:-) As I said in my main query I dont remember this prob b4. One can usually double click a file or link and it is activated automatically..... Any ideas would be very much appreciated Hope I've explained the prob OK Thanks

Via Email.

nyleridedog 15:13 22 Mar 04

Ensure that no programs are open
Click on START
Select RUN
In the Run box type regsvr32 urlmon.dll
You may also want to try the following:
regsvr32 Shdocvw.dll
regsvr32 Shell32.dll
regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll
regsvr32 Actxprxy.dll
regsvr32 Mshtml.dll

what version of windows you got?

nyleridedog 15:14 22 Mar 04

oh you tried them already...sound

ok what version of win you using ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…