International Internet Access

ukstarfish 08:16 16 Feb 04

How can I download my emails when I am travelling abroad?

In the UK I use Clara and am pleased with their service but they do not provide access numbers abroad.I travel frequently to Brazil, Nepal, Asia and Africa.

What do international small business users do? Is there an equivalent to mobile phone 'roaming'?

I can access my email account by web mail - that's OK for short social messages but I need to download work related messages and compose responses offline.

I recently took out an AOL subscription as they have local access numbers in most countries but the service provided was abominable so this will not work.

John

temp003 08:35 16 Feb 04

Is your ISP this one? click here

If so, they provide iPass which is a common international internet roaming software click here

golfpro 08:46 16 Feb 04

I use Yahoo, and no matter where I am in the world I just log into their web site on any computer (hotel, internet cafe etc.) and retrieve my mail. If your email service provider has a web site, I should imagine it would be the same procedure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…