International compatability

Toad_7787 17:08 07 May 03

I have a mate who is living in the Philippines and I want to send him a Web Cam as a surprise gift.
I have my eye on one but it occured to me that maybe there are regional differences in the signals, etc, in the same way as TV signals, DVD regions etc.
Can anyone tell me whether a web cam bought here in the UK would work on a computer bought in Asia, given that the minimum operating requirements are ok?

Thanks...

Toad_7787 11:59 12 May 03

was that such a stupid question that nobody could be bothered to reply?
nevermind...

otubby1 12:35 12 May 03

Don't get too uptight toad, it's still early in the day yet, maybe nobody saw your first try. The web cam has nothing to do with tv signals, otherwise there would be an ariel.

Unless someone knows otherwise, I think you will find they are compatible, provided your mate can read Engish, if the cam you want to send doesn't have a multiple language choice. Webcams are just like any other peripheral and work via your operating system.

And as a regular in the forum once quoted, "There are no stupid questions, just stupid answers."

I hope this is good advice and I'm not leading you on a bum steer. if this thread get to the bottom of the page without another reply, in the message page, just put the word bump and pot your response once more.

graham√ 12:59 12 May 03

Sure, it will work.

graham√ 13:34 12 May 03

Thanks, Tubby, and especially you, Graham, what a wonderful chap you are.

otubby1 14:41 12 May 03

I was thinking that when he resolved it, but I went shopping and forgort :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5