Internal USB2.0 to Card Reader

NormanD 19:25 04 Feb 03

I have just purchased an Asus digital card reader that fits into a 3.5" bay on the front of my computer case. My intention was to connect this to the internal USB port on my Belkin USB card fitted to a PCI slot. However the connector supplied with the card reader has a special connector for use on an Asus Motherboard. Can any body please tell me if I may be able to buy a cable to connect the two.

Many thanks in advance

Rayuk 19:57 04 Feb 03

The connecter will fit any onboard usb as long as the wires are compatable[have to check wiring in motherboard manual]
In your case do you need cable from back of reader to ordinary usb socket??

Rayuk 18:49 05 Feb 03

I think the only way to go is take the cable into your local computer shop to show them and see if they can make another up with the ordinary usb connecter on one end.

fitcher 21:46 05 Feb 03

you will have the wrong endpiece. I know I have one that will not fitt my board .count the holes .some have five some have seven .look at your board and get the right one from a fair .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…