Internal modem Problem

Petesilver 22:20 05 May 06

I recently installed wireless broadband which works fine.....but i have now found that i can't use my Dial up accounts which i want to maintain....when i connect i get Error 775.... call was blocked remote computer....I know the connection is ok as i have a laptop top and checked and it worked tperfectly........so the problem must lie with my Desktop........any solutions out there ...........

Giggle n' Bits 22:48 05 May 06

but dialing out on your internal modem and vice versa otherwords you may be trying to connect to the wrong account with the wrong modem ?

dms05 07:09 06 May 06

BT say the following in the FAQ's:
Q: Can I run BT Broadband and my dial-up connection from the same computer, at the same time?
A: You cannot be connected to the Internet via BT Broadband at the same time as being
connected via a dial-up connection. However, you may log off from BT Broadband and connect to
the Internet via dial-up in the normal way, providing you have a suitable dial-up account.

Diodorus Siculus 07:38 06 May 06

If your laptop works, then put the dial up accounts onto it and you can then connect with the laptop and thus maintain the accounts.

961 08:54 06 May 06

Either switch off the router or close down the broadband connection after wich it should be possible to connect via the dial up modem in the usual way

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac