Internal modem problem

Madscot_uk 18:55 28 Jul 05

I recently bought an OEM internal ASDL modem as before 2 PC's were sharing an external BT voyager 100 usb modem, which got a little annoying. To install the drivers you have to choose from a possible 3;
1.RFC 1483, bridged ethernet over ATM
2.RFC 2364, point to point protocol over ATM
3.RFC 2516, point to point protocol over Ethernet

Option 2 seemed the most logical to me, installed the drivers, set up connection etc. I have managed to get it to connect once for a period of about 30 secs. The connection with the BT modem still works, unless i try to get the internal modem to connect when it cuts out with an error msg 'windows cannot find the adress book entry'. Both are connected through a dual socket box with seperate ASDL filters and it doesn't matter which socket i use.

What have i done wrong

mgmcc 13:14 29 Jul 05

<<<What have i done wrong>>>

Probably having two ADSL modems connected to the phone line simultaneously. You certainly cannot have both connecting to the internet simultaneously, but I believe you shouldn't even have them both plugged into the phone line, even if one is inactive.

PPPoA or PPPoATM (PPP over asynchronous transfer mode) should be the correct option to select.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…