Internal error Notice

earlval 12:30 05 Jun 03

Help please,

After reinstalling Win98SE due to slight corruption and disc change, a problem has
occured when I have tried to re-install a couple of other programmes, namely "Nero" &
"Norton system works".

After the windows installer starts up a small window opens up stating "Internal Failure"
with the following wording:
Error No 0x80070725.
Description: Incompatable version of
RPC Stub.

As I have never ever seen such installation problems before, I would appreciate
any help or comments. Re re-installing 98SE does not rectify the situation.

Valvegrid 13:15 05 Jun 03

This page at microsoft may help:

click here;en-us;318943

Valvegrid 13:18 05 Jun 03

I'm sorry, the link doesn't work, you'll have to cut paste the address into the address bar removing the space after the http://

earlval 11:22 06 Jun 03

Thanks Valvegrid

I have just had a look at the linked site and find it interesting that the problem is due to possibly int explorer6. As since I tried to upgrade from Int Exp 5.5 to 6 I have had quite a few problems.
Does any one know if there is a problem with Int Ex 6 when it is put with win 98SE????
I think I will go back to 5.5 after sorting things out.
Many thanks for the help

Valvegrid 15:47 06 Jun 03

I use IE6 with 98SE without any probs at all. Have you tried a repair of IE6, I think it's in add/remove on control panel, that may help.

earlval 14:06 10 Jun 03

Thank again for taking the trouble to reply.

The problem turned out to be the Install Programm DCOM98. It seems I had installed two versions of this programm an old one & a newer version which had both gone into the same folder area. With the resultant "8-846-`894`24kxysj$$$$&&&&"
I found the site of "Support\" very helpful as well as the microsoft\support\knowledgedatabase.
Take care all

Valvegrid 15:28 10 Jun 03

Thanks for the feedback.

Good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…