Internal cardreader connected to ...

iqs 19:13 05 Jun 08

Hello.I recently posted a thread regarding the connection of an internal card reader.

I was hoping it would connect to the internal USB port on a USB PCI card.

Because the connection is different,is there an adapter available,like the USB to PS2,or is there a way to wire the USB header plug lead to a USB plug ?.

I hope this is clear.Cheers

chub_tor 19:24 05 Jun 08

click here 3rd box down - is this it? Have no idea if they ship to UK but now you have a description you can Google it and see if there is a UK source. I looked at Maplins but couldn't find one there.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:25 05 Jun 08

How many wires on the card reader 10?

how many pins on the PCI card?

iqs 20:16 05 Jun 08

Thanks for the link club_tor.

Fruit Bat /\0/\,The USB card has a standard USB port,the card reader has I believe 5 or 6,I'm not sure has I have not purchased the card reader yet.Cheers

grey george 20:33 05 Jun 08

Mine came with a standard usb cable which passed out through a pci cover, with a slot and gromet in it (supplied with the reader) and plugged into the one of the rear usb ports on the pc. The normal usb cable has four shielded wires +5V and Gnd and two differential data signals (labelled as D+ and D- in pinout). You could in theory solder direct to the motherboard or pci card, but you'd realy need to know what you are doing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…