Internal ADSL modem problem

Singerz 16:15 07 Dec 03

Please can anyone help?

I have just installed a pci adsl modem but it won't connect or even dial up. I get the message "error 651 - modem has detected an error."

I re-installed the drivers, altered all the settings my ISP advised but still no joy.

I've had broadband working with my mates external USB ADSL modem no problem.

LastChip 17:52 07 Dec 03

What is the make and model of your modem?

Are you using a BT connection or a cable operator?

Do you have a firewall?

If so, have you tried connecting with the firewall disabled?

Singerz 18:59 07 Dec 03

I bought the modem from dabs, its a Rockwell Connexant. I'm using a BT connection. I have Norton Internet Security, but I have disabled it and still no connection.

I bought the modem from dabs, its a Rockwell Connexant. I'm using a BT connection. I have Norton Internet Security, but I have disabled it and still no connection.

LastChip 19:27 07 Dec 03

I am not familiar with the particular modem you have, but almost certainly, there will be a software interface that let's you set certain parameters.

For a BT connection, the following parameters are valid;

VPI = 0
VCI = 38
Service type = PPPoA Routed (RFC 2364)
Framing = VC MUX

Somewhere you should be able to enable; ITU G992.1 Annex A (G.dmt)

Also make sure of the obvious. your Account name and password is correct. You would be amazed at how many people get it wrong! Finally, you need any number in the dial up box, 0 will do!

Please check all this carefully, and let us know how you get on.

LastChip 19:32 07 Dec 03

VPI = 0

VCI = 38

Service type = PPPoA Routed (RFC 2364)

Framing = VC MUX

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…