intermittent wired router problems

mrhoddy 20:51 21 Jan 08

Hi, first post but having read a quite a few threads, i still havent got my problem sorted.

OK background, basically, we have NTL BB and generic modem?, and have this wired to a philips sn6500? 11g wireless router which is then wired to two desktop pc's.

Never really had many problems when 1 pc was wired direct to modem - and this is fine now as well while i write this. Then i installed a 2nd pc and router, but after this the connection seemed to drop NOW AND AGAIN - this used to happen about twice a month or something (and was fixed by turning off pc, modem, router and turning back on in the order of router, modem and pc).

HOWEVER, since i upgraded one of the pcs to vista (so the old pc is on xp, new on vista) im having dropped connections all the time more than 8 times a day (seems to fix using normal method but at this frequency its unbearable).

Phoned isp and they said that it was a router problem ie so they wouldnt help!

Any suggestions how to solve this? Will provide more details if needed

Cheers in adavnce

Hoddy

mrhoddy 20:22 24 Jan 08

bump

setecio 12:00 25 Jan 08

Make sure the router is well ventilated and NOT sitting on top of the cable modem, overheating can cause this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…