Intermittent Nero CD burning-tracks missing/blank

RedheadVenus 22:38 27 Jun 03

When I'm burning CD's - sometimes tracks are missing for no discernible reason, sometimes although the CD player recognises tracks are there and they can be played perfectly on the computer CD player, they can't be played on my normal CD player. The next day I can burn one that is completely fine - all tracks in place - then the next one will have one or more tracks missing and so on, sometimes not one track at all. I'm using CD-R discs like mad - any ideas, please?

leo49 01:45 28 Jun 03

Seeing as you've not got a response, I'll reply if only to bump you up to the top again.

How are you creating your CDs? I seem to remember you've got Nero but are you burning wavs from your HDD or MP3? What speed are you using[and what's your CDRW drives max speed]? Are you sure you're finalising the CDRs?

Regards

RedheadVenus 22:51 28 Jun 03

As far as I'm aware, they are MP3 files stored in my music folder. I've tried a faster speed - the discs are up to 40 and my machine will do 48 and I have finalised them but still entire tracks missing for no reason on some discs and noting, not one track on others though they are playable on the computer so the tracks are actually on there. Any ideas?

The Spires 22:59 28 Jun 03

Some cd players, older ones usually havbe problems reading writable cd's, have you tried your Cd's on another 'home' player, or another brand?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…