Intermittent loss of Internet

Switcher 18:06 PM 03 Dec 10

I have a Draytec Vigor 2800 VG router connected by cable to two desktops and by wireless to my laptop. Once or twice each day I lose touch with the internet my three PCs remain networked ok but none can access the internet. The cure is to switch router off for 30 seconds then on again.

I thought that this was normal but a neighbour tells me that his remains connected to internet for months on end. Any suggestions as to why I should lose internet connection once or twice a day.

ashleycardwell94 16:28 PM 05 Dec 10

try a new router. I used to have this problem until i upgraded. Also, make sure it is a cool place and isnt getting too hot.

Switcher 22:47 PM 06 Dec 10

Thank Ashley, Will try moving router first then if necessary try another router.

robertmonkford 14:12 PM 12 Dec 10

I to have been having problems with my internet connection (wireless) via the supplied Thomson router from 02.

I contacted O2 and they say it must be the line. The router re-establishes the interent connection only if the box is reset (powered off for a minute and swticed back on); however sometimes I am having to do this several times a day - yet other times it stays connected for a couple of weeks without problems.

I am thinking of upgrading to a Netgear Range Max Dual Band Wireless-N Gigabit Router - does anyone know if this is any better or do you have any suggestions?

(Apologies if this is in the wrong place but I posted in another thread on here and got some unfriendly responses).

robertmonkford 19:53 PM 12 Dec 10

Sokay - crossed wires there - all good now :) Wish my Internet problem was fixed though. I'm even considering going for a static IP address as I my connection is used by one tower and 3 laptops excluding my girlfriend's laptop and iphone when she comes round.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know