Intermittent Keyboard Shortcuts Cutting In

Adam Harris 10:30 12 Oct 05

Win98 SE, PIII 450 MHz, 256 Mb RAM

Hi,

This is a problem I have had over the years. I haven't set up any keyboard shortcuts, but occasionally I het the following problem. I will be happily typing away, when suddenly the following "run" events happen when typing in a letter:

r - run
e - explorer
f - find

It's not really a pain, and a restart sorts the problem out, but I do find it irritating. Does anyone know what causes this, and how can I prevent it?

Thanks,

Adam.

xania 13:12 12 Oct 05

You are probably hitting the <Ctrl> key at the just as you hit the character, thereby switching the mode of the keyboard.

Adam Harris 13:21 12 Oct 05

Hi Xania,

Normally I would agree - but when it happens, and I realise that this may be an issue, I continue typing without hitting any other keys...honest...and the problem continues...however, if you said there was a way to Ctrl Lock, like Caps Lock, then I would change my mind. Can you Ctrl Lock?

Adam.

xania 13:27 12 Oct 05

Not that I'm aware of. NAd I can't think of any other reason why your PC is behaving that way. Perhaps others can help?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…