Intermittent Keyboard Shortcuts Cutting In

Adam Harris 10:30 12 Oct 05

Win98 SE, PIII 450 MHz, 256 Mb RAM

Hi,

This is a problem I have had over the years. I haven't set up any keyboard shortcuts, but occasionally I het the following problem. I will be happily typing away, when suddenly the following "run" events happen when typing in a letter:

r - run
e - explorer
f - find

It's not really a pain, and a restart sorts the problem out, but I do find it irritating. Does anyone know what causes this, and how can I prevent it?

Thanks,

Adam.

xania 13:12 12 Oct 05

You are probably hitting the <Ctrl> key at the just as you hit the character, thereby switching the mode of the keyboard.

Adam Harris 13:21 12 Oct 05

Hi Xania,

Normally I would agree - but when it happens, and I realise that this may be an issue, I continue typing without hitting any other keys...honest...and the problem continues...however, if you said there was a way to Ctrl Lock, like Caps Lock, then I would change my mind. Can you Ctrl Lock?

Adam.

xania 13:27 12 Oct 05

Not that I'm aware of. NAd I can't think of any other reason why your PC is behaving that way. Perhaps others can help?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…