Intermittent display on Nvidia Quadro 4 980XGL

mulva42 22:22 23 Jul 04

I have a Nvidia Quadro 980Xgl 128mb graphics card which has Two separate DVI-I digital/VGA display jacks, One is working fine but when I plug the monitor into the other it starts fine then hangs at a blank screen.I realise this is probably a long shot but has anyone encountered the same problem even if it's a dual connection at the back on a different card.

Many thanks..

AndySD 22:28 23 Jul 04

Are you talking about adding another monitor or just the one monitor but on the other dvi output...if the latter then this is the pc boots it will show it on both screens...then as windows loads only on the main its still just cant see it.

mulva42 22:32 23 Jul 04

Just the one monitor but on the other dvi output,Im sure it worked before I may be wrong though.I might try it with another monitor so I have both plugged in and see what happens..
Oh the warranty has ran out so theres no going back.Is there a surface-mount engineer in the house? that happens to work for Nvidia??

AndySD 22:35 23 Jul 04

I use two screens on my nvidia card.....and find that if I dont turn the main monitor on I cant log into windows.... but you can change the settings in the nvidia drivers....

mulva42 22:42 23 Jul 04

I will have to try and find my other vga jack to try it out, I have a funny feeling my mate borrowed it a month or 2 ago so a hunting I shall go tommorow. So in theory 1 connector is a master and the other a slave, Does that make sense?
Nothing more will get done tonight as the wifes doing my head in..

mulva42 23:03 26 Jul 04

AndySD, News update I managed to plug two monitors into the card and it does as you said 1 acts like a bootup screen the other acts as a spare were you can drag things from one screen to another, thats the only way to discribe it..
Many thanks 4 your help..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…