Intermittent delivery of e.mails

Lemur 22:53 03 Oct 05

Earlier today I sent three test e.mails to a friend because we suspected that he had not been receiving my e.mails. He received the first one but, not the other two.

What is the problem please and is the trouble at my or my friend's computer?

MAJ 23:04 03 Oct 05

"What is the problem please and is the trouble at my or my friend's computer?"

It's impossible to say without more info, Lemur. Were the emails all the same size, did they have differing subject headings, did they contain any attachments?:that sort of thing.

Who are the ISPs? If they (the ISPs) have a webmail interface on their website, check it to see if the emails are there.

DieSse 23:53 03 Oct 05

Try, each of you, sending emails to yourself.

Look in the webmail at the ISP to see if any of them have been intercepted as Spam.

Look in your *sent* box to see if they are logged as sent.

If you're using Norton AV, turn of the checking of outgoing emails, and run some more tests

Wait a bit longer and see if they turn up later on. email isn't always as instant as we sometimes get used to.

Lemur 00:12 04 Oct 05

MAJ,

My first message contained a lot of text, no pictures or attachments. The other two were identical to each other and contained just a hypertext for a web-site, again no pictures or attachments.

My ISP is BT., and his is AOL.

I have Microsoft XP., and my friend has an Apple Mac.

Thanks.

DisSse,

Thanks for your kind input. Any action that you describe will have to wait until tomorrow at the earliest. All three messages are logged in the Sent Box.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017