Intermittant web connection problem

shamone79 10:50 25 Sep 05

Hello. I am having an intermittant problem connecting to the internet at times and it's only since my AVG software picked up a virus ( I-Worm Bagel). I have removed it from my computer but suspect it may have done some damage. What happens is that I will dial up and connect to the server ok but the computer will either take ages to receive information or wont receive it at all. At first I thought it to be a server problem, phoned them and they said they have no problems (Tesconet). I then tried to connect to a pay as you go server and exactly the same problem was occuring. I then took it to be problem with my PC. I carried out a system restore to a previous good operating time and it started working straight away. A couple of days later the fault has returned but not all the time because I am here now! It is getting very frustrating and I know of no checking software on my PC. I do not want to do a full recovery if possible. Can anyone help? Any help will be gratefully received.

johnnyrocker 10:56 25 Sep 05

run a full set of anti spyware spybot adaware etc plus virus scan with system restore disabled if you have xp that is.

shamone79 11:45 25 Sep 05

I have spysweeper installed. Do you mean scan the computer with it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…