Intermitant wireless connection

Blue Eagle 10:08 02 Jan 08

I recently got a a new PCI card after the usb one got stood on. It works better than the usb one did when it is connected but the problem is getting it to connect. I have it set to auto-connect to my network when i start up the PC but it rarely does.
Most of the time will not connect auto-matically and if i open up the windows wireless thing and try to connect it never does, giving reasons such as the security details are incorrect (which they arent i have checked many times) or a number of other excuses, none of them leading anywhere.

The solution i found is to go downstairs and unplug the router and modem for a minuite and plug them back in again. Which is hardly convient everytime i start up my computer so i was hoping you guys could shead some light on the problem.

It is [url=click here]this card[/url] and the computer's specs are in my sig.

thanks guys

Blue Eagle 10:10 02 Jan 08

seems i cant have a sig, so spec's are
My Rig:
Core2Duo E4300 @ 3Ghz -- AC Freezer 7 Pro -- Gigabyte GA-965P S3 -- 2x 1Gb DDR2 800
Sapphire X1950Pro -- 250GB + 400GB HDDs -- Hiper Type-R 530W -- Vista Home Premium

postie24 18:50 02 Jan 08

Use the windows software to manage your connection.Normally the software that comes with wireless cards or usb adaptors play up.

Blue Eagle 18:51 02 Jan 08

i am using the windows software

postie24 19:41 02 Jan 08

Check that you have the obtain IP address automatically box and DNS boxes are ticked in internet protocol properties

Blue Eagle 20:43 02 Jan 08

where are the internet protocol properties?

ambra4 02:25 03 Jan 08

Check this posting

click here

Blue Eagle 10:04 03 Jan 08

that looks like it is written for XP, i am using Vista home premium (as stated in my specs) so i found it rather hard to follow

postie24 16:50 03 Jan 08

Right click the wireless icon and click view available networks.
On the left,click change advance settings.
Highlight internet protocol and click properties,check the boxes are ticked.
Also try temporarily disabling encryption and see if that helps,if yes create a new security key and see what happens.

Blue Eagle 20:31 03 Jan 08

Again, i am using vista and cant follow those steps. Below are a couple of screenshots of the networking screens, however i cant find anything that sounds similar.

click here
click here
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…