Intermitant problem on xp Home Boot-up

Giggle n' Bits 15:35 02 May 06

everynow and again when starting up a new pc I have built the windows seems to take ages when you get the strobe in windows xp. Its very rare it happens but I don't see it as being normal.

My build is WinXP Home, AMD Athlon x2 64 Dual core 4800+, 2x 512MB PC3200 Crucial, 580Watt Modular Hiper PSU, Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro SLi, Inno3D 256MB PCI-E 7900GT in Slot 1,
Motherboard Bios F9, 1 single Seagate Barracuda with upgrade to firmware 3.AAE from D. Runnig the newest Nvidia PCI-E drivers for Grpahics & Motherboard Nforce4

Oh, and FDD, ASus DVD Rom With Power DVD 5 & Nero 6 OEM on Asus 52x32x52 Wrtr. Temp for CPU regular 38C.

HDD is set as first Boot, Parrallel port & Seriel Port I have disabled as I may never use them again.

So can anyone see any reasons why I can get a problem with starting up windows.

terryf 15:37 02 May 06

look at these free programs
click here AVG Free, do an immediate test, update from time
to time
click here SpyBot Search and Destroy, download, update and
immunise, update from time to time
click here
Bazooka, run from time to time, update from time to time
click here Ad-Aware, update from time to time
click here free scan with Spyware Doctor
click here a-squared free, update from time to
time
Apologies if you already have these

terryf 15:37 02 May 06

Also panda online virus scan

Giggle n' Bits 16:34 02 May 06

I have only just got all the drivers and apllication software installed on this new machine. Suppose its a possbility of a bug soon will tell when I get NIS installed.

terryf 16:42 02 May 06

use avg instead of Norton

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…