//some 3rd party need geo

Interfacing with Media Player

Nigel-331402 13:18 15 Apr 04

When playing a track with Media player you can have the waveform or bar graph displayed.

Is there an API type call I can use from a VB program that lets me get at the dat used to create these whilst the track is playing by Media player.

What I want to be able to do is take this data, process it, and send it to a bank of lights so that they flash in time to the music (like a sound to light system). The electronics side of things I've got sorted, it's getting the data in the first place I'm after.

I've been asked to do the music.lighting at a wedding reception so I'm looking to do something 'flash'.

Stuartli 13:29 15 Apr 04

Are you referring to the vast choice of visualisations offered with/for WMP whose displays vary with the music?

Nigel-331402 13:32 15 Apr 04

That'll be the ones.

I'm not looking to write my own visulisation (yet) but I want to get to that data, in real time, from outside of the Media player (if possible).

Stuartli 14:08 15 Apr 04

You may need to go to somewhere like these links:

click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…