Interface Not Registered message using Word email

Flopper 18:16 13 Jan 06

When using MS Office Word 2003 as my email editor which I have done for years with no ill effects I am suddenly getting a pop up dialogue box in the middle of the email when I press Send which says (on the top in the blue border) 'Microsoft Office Word' and in the grey box 'Interface Not Registered'.
I can send plain emails using Outlook if I untick the 'Using MS Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages' in Outlook/Tools/Options/Mail Format.
The only change has been my attempting to upgrade my McAfee antivirus package which I was careful to do while disconnected from the net. However, after running a full scan, I had collected two viruses, not necessarily at this time, both low risk, which surprises me as I had what I thought was a good setup with my Antivirus being updated almost daily and my PC protected by 2 Firewalls, one within the Router.
Unfortunately I deleted them both before I noted what they were. I am not sure if they could have been responsible. At least one was a worm.
I have tried repairing the installation of Office and also reinstalled it but no change.
I appreciate not being able to use Word to edit emails is not the end of the world buthas anybody any suggestions?

VoG II 18:47 13 Jan 06

1. Click Start, click Run, type the following command in the Open box, and then click OK:

Regsvr32.exe %Windir%\System32\Ole32.dll

2. In the RegSvr32 dialog box, click OK.

Flopper 19:09 13 Jan 06

That worked.
I want to have your babies !!
What happened, was it something I or a virus had done?

VoG II 20:20 13 Jan 06

Who knows how these things happen? At least it is sorted.

Tick?

Flopper 21:24 13 Jan 06

Thanx anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…