Interesting Application

JWJH 16:53 09 Feb 06

I have downloaded VMPlayer from click here and also the Browser Appliance from the same site, and I am currently browsing this site from inside a virtual machine. This makes it impossible to download any malicious trojans/spyware/adware or anything else to the host machine. I just thought maybe someone else would like to give it a go. it's free but you need BB. Is this the future of browsing the net. and the end of AV and anti spyware/adware applications?

ade.h 17:56 09 Feb 06

Given that MS Windows Vista will contain much more sophisticated native support for the use of Virtual Machines, I would expect that it does have a part to play in the near future of computing. How significant it will be is difficult to gauge.

J B 18:11 09 Feb 06

Hi, just how big is this download and will it work on a laptop. I'm running XP Home, 1.6Ghz athlon xp3000+m, 512 Mb ram. Also is it free or a trial. J.B.

Wuggy 20:14 09 Feb 06

Looking at the sites the VM Player d/load is 28.2 MB
BUT the Browser Appliance Virtual Machine d/load is a whopping 258 MB (zipped) and 962 MB (unzipped). It looks as if you need both downloads.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…