Interest Rate Calculation Download

spuds 23:08 23 Oct 09

I have just re-formatted a computer, which previously had a very good installed software download for calculating varied bank/loan type interest percentage rates over periods of time( date-week-payment-interest-applied-new balance). Unfortunately I have now lost this piece of good software, trying to obtain something same or similar is proving rather difficult.

Do you know a suitable software download for this type of calculations

Forum Editor 23:32 23 Oct 09
  spuds 13:22 25 Oct 09

Thanks FE for response and link. Unfortunately, having checked this links selection, plus other searches, I still haven't located the/that 'gem' download.

Methinks it was from a Croners or Price Waterhouse information newsletter. Still need to keep looking!.

Picklefactory 14:40 25 Oct 09

Not sure if it helps, but Excel can do this very simply using it's built in PMT function. You can vary the input info and display the monthly/weekly payments.
I could give more details if it's any help or there is some good info click here

spuds 14:54 25 Oct 09

Picklefactory- Excel doesn't quite cover the way, the previous programme worked. The programme was simplicity in itself, basically the amount of loan was given, the beginning date, interest percent, then months. The programme did a monthly calculation for the duration of the loan, reducing till final payment date. A print-out was then possible for reference including total interest charges.

The thing that is most annoying, the print-outs do not carry any reference to the programme maker/provider.

Picklefactory 16:06 25 Oct 09

Is there something specific you want to know? Do you want to see the payments, interest and outstanding balance on a monthly basis as a listed sheet? It might not be in a pretty format, but all of that is possible in Excel in case you can't come across your original software.

Picklefactory 16:27 25 Oct 09
  Picklefactory 16:33 25 Oct 09

Plus one on this dodgy site ;o)
click here

Picklefactory 16:35 25 Oct 09

click here

there's loads out there.

Mi Casa 16:44 25 Oct 09

The one I use - click here - is quite handy.

spuds 16:56 25 Oct 09

I have had a good browse from various download sites, and have downloaded a few programmes for testing (some now rejected, some still?). So far it would seem as though a programme called Mortgage and Loan Calculator Analyzer 1.0 is the nearest to the one that I want, so I am experimenting with that one.

Picklefactory. Thanks for the links, I will check them out later.

Mi Casa. Looked at the link, but not really suitable for the job I want.

Thanks everyone for the responses, will now tick as resolved, as I think I now should have enough to cover the requirement.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant