interenet connection

qwesaws 07:29 30 Sep 06

i can get my internet connection but lately it takes a fair while to arrive after I click the icon the dlay seems to be associated with a warning popup in the bottom taskbar witch say someyhing like "your computer could be in------
I can`t reda the rest it`s to quick what happens is there`s a pop sound the message comes up then immediatley I get the internet connection panel,I`ve checked my security and the firewall etc is on,How can I sort this out?

Jak_1 07:39 30 Sep 06

What connection, broadband or dialup? What isp? What os? What security progs do you have running? The rest of the message would be helpful if you could get it.

qwesaws 08:34 30 Sep 06

broadband, virgin, xp. firewall, updates, virus protection

Jak_1 09:00 30 Sep 06

Suggest downloading apopup stopper:
click here

Are you using windows firewall amd what av? Also Suggest getting AdAwarese and spybot.

VoG II 09:00 30 Sep 06

Download Ewido Anti-Malware trial version click here

After it's downloaded and installed, it should automatically update itself; however, if it doesn't, you should do it manually. Close ALL open Windows / Programs / Folders. Start Ewido and run a full scan:-

Click on Scanner

Click on the Settings tab.

Under How to act?
Click on Recommended Action and choose Quarantine from the popup menu.

Under How to scan?
All checkboxes should be ticked.

Under Possibly unwanted software:
All checkboxes should be ticked.

Under Reports:
Select Automatically generate report after every scan and uncheck Only if threats were found.

Under What to scan?
Select Scan every file.

Click on the Scan tab.

Click on Complete System Scan to start the scan process.

Let the program scan the machine.

When the scan has finished:

Make sure that Set all elements to: shows Quarantine, if not click on the link and choose Quarantine from the popup menu.

At the bottom of the window click on the Apply all Actions button.

Right-click the Ewido Tray Icon and select Exit. Confirm by clicking Yes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac