Intercleanup

Somaht 14:08 21 Feb 05

I have installed intercleanup. Can anyone tell me please if deleted info. can be recovered

Diodorus Siculus 15:13 21 Feb 05

Probably but it depends on how much trouble someone wants to go to in order to recover it.

Try a program like eraser from click here to wipe the disk if you are concerned.

Generally speaking, once the PC has been used a bit any deleted data is overwritten anyway.

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:18 21 Feb 05

'Can anyone tell me please if deleted info. can be recovered'....it depends on how paranoid/careful you are. Merely deleting a file will render it incapable of being seen or recovered by most people on the planet. Using a programme like Ccleaner will delte virtually all internet usage.

If you want to be ultra picky and dedicated deleted data can be reconstructed even after reformatting a disk up to 8 times and can easily be reclaimed after using most of the eraser programmes that are about. The programmes that do this are hugely expensive (£7500 when I last looked) and are usually used by Plod, spooks and the like. Unless you are well dodgy there is no need to use an erase programme; Ccleaner or the one you use will be more than enough.

G

rawprawn 17:25 21 Feb 05

Just to show you what can be done with a free program click here Download and run, you may be suprised.

curlylad 00:18 24 Feb 05

Nice tool mate , pardon the pun !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…