Intercepting emails to someone else

Chris the Ancient 17:54 29 Jan 05

A colleague (sounds like the 'old story' - but it's true) reckons when he had problems downloading an email. So his mate said, "I'll have a look".

Exact phraseology...
quote> Incidentally do you realise your emails can be tapped into by a third party, I didn't until yesterday, was waiting to receive photo from a relative that was taking a long time to come through so i contacted a friend in London who went onto my email and told me what it was. /quote>

I have doubts that it could be done with no access to addy AND password. I don't want to know how, I just want to know if!!

Diodorus Siculus 19:08 29 Jan 05

"If" - well, yes but not easily and not likely for the most of us. Who would want to intercept our mail?

Email is certainly not secure - knowing someones address will allow you a way to find out their mail server and after that anything is possible.

But as I say, unlikely.

Chris the Ancient 19:30 29 Jan 05

Exactly the way I felt - and told my colleague so.

Shall keep the thread working for a while and see if anyone more has ideas.

wee eddie 21:22 29 Jan 05

May easily have such a clause written into your Contract.

Many ISP's scan mail for virae.

E-mail is not instant - only yesterday a file, from my accountants, took nearly 3 hours to travel the distance that I can walk in less than 10 minutes. 31st January approaches and panic sets in!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…