Interactive Scoreboard on Wimbledon website

Randum Ian 13:57 30 Jun 04

Hi guys,

Could anyone tell me how I can create an autoupdate section on my site like the one used by the Wimbledon site to show the live scores?

Is there a guide online anywhere?

Cheers, Ian.

Forum Editor 19:27 30 Jun 04

is a wonderful example of the web-designer's art, but it cost a great deal of money to develop, has a team of people working behind the scenes, uses back-end databases extensively, and is backed by IBM. Frankly your chances of even coming close to the sophistication of that site's scores presentation system are very remote unless you have a good deal of money and a lot of expertise at your diposal.

That isn't to say that you can't have data-driven facilities on your own site however, because you can. Perhaps you could provide us with a bit more information about what it is you want to do, and we'll try to help.

Randum Ian 10:35 01 Jul 04

I agree with you, the website is a masterpiece! I just like the fact that the Scoreboard seems to keep an open connection to a database of scores and it updates itself automatically if the score has changed. I wondered how they did that and if it was easy to implement on another website so when information updates in the database it automatically updates on the page as well?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…