Inter explorer Icons missing

underworldmagic 19:26 06 Dec 04

hello,

i need some help.

I just recently installed Adobe Audition 1.5 on my computer, and recently have noticed that the .html and .htm files on my computer (from my website) dont any longer have the internet explorer icon. its just a white icon (like the one you have when the system does not know what to open the file with)

the files open with no problem, a double click opens them in internet explorer, so the system knows what to open the files with, so why not the internet explorer icon?

i dont know if the installation of adobe audition had anything to do with this.

please any help will be very much appreciated

VJ

JaßîsFaß ˜ 21:40 06 Dec 04

Right click on the icon, select Properties. The target should read "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

Click Find Target
Also click on Change Icon and pick IE icon from directory as above target.

If fails just delete old icons and set up a new shortcut to the target above by right clicking on your desktop and select New, Shortcut, follow instructions.

underworldmagic 19:31 07 Dec 04

you are talking about the I.e icon on my desktop, that is ok.

its the saved .htm and .html files in my hard drive which are the problem, there is no i.e icon on them

VoG II 19:35 07 Dec 04

A file association fix - this is a direct link to the download click here

JaßîsFaß ˜ 20:35 17 Dec 04

Have you tried the file association fix?

underworldmagic 13:29 18 Dec 04

i have not tried the fix, i am very warey of changing the registry settings on my computer.

is there any other way?

iambeavis 13:55 18 Dec 04

If there were anything wrong with the fix VoG™ would not have posted it.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 13:56 18 Dec 04

I'm sure the fix will not do any harm, I have used them before. Create a system restore point before hand that you can return to.

underworldmagic 13:29 19 Dec 04

thanks, the registry fix worked

thanks for all your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…