Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection

streetfighter00 12:21 02 Apr 06

I am trying to get my Wireless network to work on my PC. the Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection keeps going back to off I turn it on and it tells me to switch it on but I can't find a switch on the Laptop I have a Acer apire 1640 my mate has a Acer Apire 9500 and his works fine with the router the make of the router is Netgear WGR614 v6 that works fine with my mates laptop his Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection is set to on and he has a switch on the front of his laptop .is there an update or is there a switch please help

mediaman1957 19:47 03 Apr 06

try looking at the front of the pc and you will see 2 glass buttons push the 2nd one in and that should turn on the wireless

dms05 07:38 05 Apr 06

Does it say 'switch on' or 'enable'? If it's enable you access 'All Connections' from START>'Connect to' and then highlight the Intel WiFi and select 'enable' from the left frame. Your card is now enabled.

My Acer Aspire 5003 also has a button on the front. If the WiFi is enabled as above the button flashes. When the WiFi connects to the Router it goes to a steady orange colour.

ade.h 17:09 05 Apr 06

Don't be put off by the first reply that you received (the one that was deleted). That's not at all representative of this forum and we will all try to help if it turns out to be more complex than we first thought. But feedback is what enables us to help, so please respond regardless of whether the issue has been resolved or not.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009