intelli mouse

jimmer409? 10:02 06 Sep 03

Hello everyone, I bought a microsoft intelli optical wireless mouse and had to download several files from the internet to make it work on usb, these files are susposed to be included in xp service pack 1 which i have but they were not there. I seem to have sorted it for now, but could someone look and tell me where the file hidserv.dll should be located. for now i just have it in my docs. any help greatly appreciated.

3Toed 10:14 06 Sep 03

send me your email adress(got a screen shot where the files go-several locations)

Pauper 10:22 06 Sep 03

3Toed, just click on the envelope next to jimmer409? to send them an e-mail.

3Toed 10:29 06 Sep 03

Click on the envelope next to my name(i cant send you the screen shot as a file directly through Pca)This will be intentional,for security reasons,as any discruntled person would send files that way,and wreake havoc on its members.

keith-236785 10:33 06 Sep 03

when you click the envelope, you cannot attach a file, you need the persons e-mail address to send one through your normal e-mail program.

I think that is what 3Toed meant, sometimes the best way to solve a problem is to actually see it for yourself.

The envelope is ok if you can cut and paste into it, but in this case you cant.

3Toed 10:36 06 Sep 03

Thanks paperman27-nail on the head :-)

3Toed 10:56 06 Sep 03

Maybe you've been called away-I'll check back later.

3Toed 11:16 06 Sep 03

Here we go then,out of the goodness of my heart

hidserve.dll c:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386

hidserve.dll c:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386\

hidserve.dll c:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386\

hidserve.dll c:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\

and a similar sounding file with no extension-

hidserv c:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386

All typed with upper and lower case as in location found.

3Toed 11:23 06 Sep 03

Take out the 'e' from the end of the hidserv filenames.

jimmer409? 16:26 06 Sep 03

just asking for someone to search for the file and if it is in their system, please tell me where it should live, thanks.

Jester2K II 17:14 06 Sep 03

3Toed has done that above.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…