intel socket lga775 cpu fan stuck``

finerty 11:47 AM 29 Nov 13

my intel socket lga775 cpu fan is stuck to the motherboard i think by the thermal paste.

i need to replace the fan but the darn thing wont come off even when i unlock the pins. any ideas

many thankks

spuds 12:26 PM 29 Nov 13

This is an ongoing problems sometimes, and usually depends on the thermal paste used, or more importantly how much force is required, in fear of damaging other parts.

Have you thought about checking YouTube for any video's on the subject. I usually find there are a variety of demonstrated answers or solutions there!.

retep888™ 12:29 PM 29 Nov 13

Put everything back on & turn on the PC for a couple of minutes then quickly undo the pins & take the heatsink/fan in a twist & lift action, try not to do the just lifting upward way.

Anyway the CPU is being clamped down by the metal bracket, you shouldn't be able to lift up the heatsink/fan assembly stuck with the CPU .

retep888™ 12:30 PM 29 Nov 13

Of course you have to shut down the PC before doing that. :)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites