intel socket lga775 cpu fan stuck``

finerty 29 Nov 13

my intel socket lga775 cpu fan is stuck to the motherboard i think by the thermal paste.

i need to replace the fan but the darn thing wont come off even when i unlock the pins. any ideas

many thankks

spuds 29 Nov 13

This is an ongoing problems sometimes, and usually depends on the thermal paste used, or more importantly how much force is required, in fear of damaging other parts.

Have you thought about checking YouTube for any video's on the subject. I usually find there are a variety of demonstrated answers or solutions there!.

retep888™ 29 Nov 13

Put everything back on & turn on the PC for a couple of minutes then quickly undo the pins & take the heatsink/fan in a twist & lift action, try not to do the just lifting upward way.

Anyway the CPU is being clamped down by the metal bracket, you shouldn't be able to lift up the heatsink/fan assembly stuck with the CPU .

retep888™ 29 Nov 13

Of course you have to shut down the PC before doing that. :)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

Found Studio reveals the making of the Unleashed, Uncut Peugeot 208 viral

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message