Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software Connection Error

Scabby 03:51 06 Sep 07

Hi all,

I have a laptop with Hi-Fi enabled, Drivers installed and identified with Everest.

Below repeated with firewall 'ON' or 'OFF'

When I sit in front of the transmitter and select the ID network & 'connect' using Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software, the software reports that it has successfully connected (at this time there is no encryption switched on).

When I run any browser it fails to connect, I know this is an obvious one but I'm struggling to know where to look.

I have run the trouble shooter which suggested I run the Manual Diagnostics which performs a list of tests, all these it passed with the exception of the ping test which failed?

The Trouble shooter then says that this indicates that it is a general networking error and not a Wi-Fi error, and then . . . !

being new to this I have run as far as i can go with this.

If anyone could give me directions I would appreciate it.

ambra4 05:04 06 Sep 07

Did you enter the SSID name

Scabby 05:29 06 Sep 07

the softwares instructions state once the scan has found my signal then select it and click 'connect' when I do, it states I'm connected.

but when I load Firefox it has no connection. I have never had Wi-Fi before and I don't know if I'm supposed to have changed something, perhaps a setting within the browser or similar. . .

If anyone can point me to an idea.

Scabby 22:49 06 Sep 07

I guess this isn't the place to ask this question?

sorry dont know much about this subject but..
type into run cmd and press enter
in the small black screen type ip config and see what i[ address you get

woodchip 23:28 06 Sep 07

The router settings asto be entered into the WiFi settings on the Laptop. That means SSID user and password for it to work

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…