Intel PROset/Wireless and DNS server problems

adamgo10 03:25 03 Jan 09

Machine: Inspiron E1505 Laptop w/ Intel PROset/Wireless

Situation: Excellent Signal and Connectivity, Reads as Connected and still no access to the internet, all browsers read standard error message

Tried: Different browsers, letting Windows manage my wireless connections, reinstalling adapter/card/drivers

IPCONFIG info:

* LAN is "media disconnected" and i keep getting a "network cable unplugged" pop-up but i'm not hooked up hard-line to any network... mostly just annoying

* WIRELESS has a physical address, IP address and subnet mask, DHCP enabled is a "no" and there is no default gateway ~ ping test in Intel PROset/Wireless manual tests gave a "no response"

* BROADBAND WAN Interface has physical address, IP address, subnet mask, default gateway and two DNS servers, DHCP enables is a "no" and NetBIOS over TCPIP is "disabled"

I want to belief and tried telling Verizon that it was their fault for giving me the VZAccess broadband software with a USB, but they said they have had zero other compatibility problems...

Suggestions?

ambra4 04:11 03 Jan 09

Check your setting is correct

click here

adamgo10 05:26 03 Jan 09

ambra4... My apologies, but I found your comment a little vague. Is that "I should check to make sure my settings are correct" OR a "Check! My settings are correct, so who knows what the problem is?"

ambra4 07:27 03 Jan 09

“My settings are correct, so who knows what the problem is?"

The problem is that your Internet access setting is not correct

You need to do a HARD WIRE SET UP FIRST before even thing about wireless as listed on the

thread that I sent you to

Just read my posting, if you feel that your setting is correct than I would be unable to help

adamgo10 20:00 05 Jan 09

OK, so my Internet access settings (?) are not correct.

Which settings? What should I be looking for?

I don't have a hard wire network to check out.

I do know that my Broadband connection through Verizon aka VZAccess works great, so what does that tell me about my wireless?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…