intel processor can you explain

leeknight67 19:02 11 Oct 06

Please can you tell me what the difference between a duo processor and a duo processor and also which is the best one to have??

Cheers

sean-278262 19:05 11 Oct 06

They are the same thing.However I assume you mean a Duo and Solo, Duos are faster at multitasking due to having 2 physical processors(running 2 or more programs at the same time is multitasking) and more expensive. Solos are just one processor and not as good.

leeknight67 19:07 11 Oct 06

no at pc world there are computers with a duel processor and a duo processor

sean-278262 19:10 11 Oct 06

Oh right. Dual processors can mean one of two things either they are dual core processors (2 processors built into the one) or that they have 2 separate processors on the motherboard. Which is the best is impossible to say as we have no details on them. while one may be faster it is everything else that makes the machine overall faster. It is no use having a VW beatle from the 70s and installing a 4litre engine alone you need everything else to match or it wont be any good.

PSF 20:12 11 Oct 06

I think you will find they are the Intel dual core and Intel Dual Core 2 Duo.Both have two cores (cpu's) built into 1 cpu. The Core 2 duo is the latest cpu from Intel it is about 40% faster and uses approx 40% less power than the older dual core cpu's, as it uses less power it runs a lot cooler. I would go for the Core 2 Duo.

If you want to wait a short time Intel are releasing a Quad core in November. That will be about 70% faster then the latest Core 2 Duo's!!!!

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…