Intel Pearl Creek mother board

Peterkins777 12:44 16 Sep 08

Hi everyone, I have a fairly new computer which has a pearl Creek mother board with on board graphics. I would like to install a video card, perhaps a NiVidia 8600gt, but when I opened the computer I saw how small the board is and I am not sure if there is enough room for a video card as it looks as if the memory cards may get in the way, I must admit I haven't seen a video card in the flesh! but they all look so big on the Pc. Can anyone advise please. Peter

DieSse 15:15 16 Sep 08

Is it this one?

click here noter this is a pdf download - there's a nice layout on page 3 for comparison - or post the exact model number.

It does have a PCIe-16 slot for a grahics card.

Questions you need to answer are:-

Is this a low profile case needing a low profile board?

Is the power supply capable of handling the card you want?

Peterkins777 16:48 16 Sep 08

Hi, Thanks for the fast response.Yes that is the model DG31PR. My case is very large, no problem there. I have a 450wt power supply and I know the mother board has a PCI-e slot however if you look at the picture,there is very little room between the end of the PCI-e slot and the end of the memory sticks. This is a micro ATX board according to Intel. I have e-mailed them with this question but got no reply! Peter

I am Spartacus 19:51 16 Sep 08

Although I have a bigger motherboard the clearances between the RAM slots and the PCI-E slot are about the same as on yours and I've got a Radeon 4870 in and there's just enough room to fit a RAM cooler that clips to the top and bottom of the RAM slots. All the gubbins on a GFX tends to be on the other side facing downwards.

I am Spartacus 19:56 16 Sep 08

Picture of mine click here to give you the idea.

Peterkins777 06:52 17 Sep 08

Hi, Many thanks for the replies, I suppose I shall just have to give it a go. Peter

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…